Cinni-Bon Boxers is located in sunny San Diego County, California.
We are Greg and Bonnie Wagaman. My husband is no stranger to boxers, as his parents were boxer breeders in Killduff, Iowa. I was introduced to my first boxer in 1988. In an office conversation, I mentioned my husband's love for boxers. Shortly after, a co-worker showed me an ad for a boxer for a 1-year old boxer. We interviewed twice with the family and were awarded the privilege of owning the dog--Bogie. We tragically lost him shortly after. I swore off dogs-especially boxers. It was a painful experience for our family. In October 2001, on a trip to Cow Palace, I stopped to visit my brother who had a litter of 4-week old boxer puppies. I should have never fallen for his trap. One look at those boxer puppies and I had to have one. Being the first to see them, I got first choice. I took many pictures of Kadie to bring home to the family, and of course, they too were smitten. Kadie will always be our special girl.
In 2008, we decided to breed boxers on a professional level, focusing on breeding quality and education of the breed. We started with two beautiful foundation girls from friend and mentor Jennifer Tellier of Telstar Boxers, whom we can't thank enough for entrusting us with these girls. We feel very blessed to have had great success in the few years we have been breeding professionally. A few of our most noteworthy boxers are:
- GCH Telstar’s All That Glitters At CinniBon (Crystal): First home-bred, owner-handled champion. 2010 National Futurity Best Puppy; National Reserve Winners from the 6-9 puppy class; 2011 National-Select to #1 boxer “Scarlett”; 2012 & 2013 Top 20 Contender (Tied for runner up 2012); Gold level Grand Champion.
- CH CinniBon N Telstar’s Gladiator (Maximus): 2012 National Futurity Reserve 15-18; 2012 National Winners Dog under respected judge Dr. David Abraham’s, one of the authors of the breed standard.
- GCH Strawberry’s Golden CinniBon (Goldie): 2013 National Futurity Best 6-9 Puppy; National First Place 6-9 fawn puppy and final cut for winners; 3rd youngest boxer to achieve Grand Champion status at 14 months.
- AplawCinn’s Sugar N Spice (Nutmeg): 2015 National Futurity Reserve Best 6-9 Puppy. First, Second, and Fourth placements 2015 National/Specialty
- CinniBon’s Bedrock Bombshell (Wilma): 2016 National Futurity Best 6-9 Puppy. Two Firsts, and a Second 2016 National/Specialty.
Our consideration for every breeding is quality, temperament, soundness, with a special emphasis on heart health. Numerous health tests are conducted on each boxer, and only those boxers with great test results are used in our breeding program. On the educational front, we volunteer in boxer club activities to stay involved with the breed, allowing for opportunities to talk with prospective owners/exhibitors regarding the breed, the health concerns, and requirements for raising a happy companion.
Although most our dogs are shown to their championship, they are first and foremost a part of the family. Each litter is special and every effort is made to ensure our puppies are placed in caring, loving homes. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions, looking for a family companion/breed quality pup, or need puppy referrals.